[syslog-ng]Re: bug with UDP messages and rc4 (was: patch for log parsing bugs)

Thomas Morin syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:39:27 +0200

Quote Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu>:

 | I've tested the following config:
 |
 | source src { udp(port(2000)); internal(); };
 |
 | destination dst { file("logfile"); };
 |
 | log { source(src); destination(dst); };
 |
 | And I can't seem to reproduce the problem

I probably should have said that I'm not sending syslog messages with a syslog
"forwarder" daemon nor with a standard C API, and that the messages I sent
are _not_ newline terminated (they are NULL terminated though).

I believe that messages send by standard syslog API (or syslog forwarder
servers) are newline terminated, so I guess this is were lies the
difference.

If needed I can send you the perl proggie that I use to send those logs.

Regards,

-Thomas

--
== Thomas Morin