[syslog-ng]bug with UDP messages and rc4 (was: patch for log parsing bugs)

Thomas Morin syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:38:16 +0200

Hi,

Quote Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu>:

 | Attached you'll find a patch against syslog-ng 1.6.0rc4 which addresses
 | some issues wrt log parsing. Please test if the patch fixes your problems.

I've juste tested the patch, and quickly noticed that received messages are
written to the log files with no newline appended, they all end up on the
same line.

I also tested without the patch applied: the problem does not occur.

All this is with UDP messages.

I will happily make more tests if you send me a fixed patch.

Regards,

-Thomas

PS: I had to use "patch -l" to use your patch, some tabs were probably lost
during a copy-paste.