[syslog-ng]/dev/log is not a socket error on startup

Tony Karakashian syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:18:17 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

>> io.c: bind_unix_socket(): /dev/log not a socket
>> Error initializing configuration, exiting.
>
> something probably changed the socket to a pipe or something. try
> removing /dev/log and restart syslog-ng so it will not refuse to start.

And, just like that, it's working.  I had removed /dev/log and recreated
it, not realizing syslog takes care of that.  Cool. Thanks!

-T

--
Answering the age old question:  Which is more painful, going to work or
gouging your eye out with a spoon?

www.workorspoon.com