[syslog-ng]UDP driver - display source IP address

David Aldrich syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:04:44 +0000

Hi

I wish to use syslog-ng to log messages received on the UDP port.  I
have a very simple .conf file:

==============================
# Syslog-ng test file for BB failure logging
#
# D Aldrich 27/11/2003

options { long_hostnames(off); sync(0); keep_hostname(yes);};

# Listen on udp port 514 of all available interfaces
source net { udp(); };

destination d_net { file("/var/log/bb.log"); };

filter f_auth { facility(auth); };

log { source(net); destination(d_net); };

An example of a  logged message using this file is:

Nov 28 11:27:44 embedded This is a test message

I assume that "embedded" here is the hostname of the source.  Am I correct?

Can I configure syslog-ng to display an explicit IP address rather than
the host name?

Thanks

David