[syslog-ng]filtering pre logger script

Ian Hunt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:12:53 -0000

Hi, I have some quite busy logs that I would like to pre filter using log=
ger.

I had sort of thought that this might be possible using grep but it doesn=
't seem to work, not a logger problem probably a scripting issue !

tail -200f ${logdir}/${logfile} | egrep -e 'ERR-*' | logger

Although if I take off the grep it seem to work

i.e.
tail -200f ${logdir}/${logfile} |  logger

Anyone any ideas? (it may be that this is the wrong way to go about it)

Ta

Ian

I was wondering if it is possible to filter=20
Ian Hunt
email: ian.hunt@swapswire.com
Tel: +44 (0) 207 868 2452
This is a commercial communication sent by SwapsWire Limited.

verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Please contact info@swapswire.com if you no longer wish to receive
commercial communications from us, identifying the email addresses=20
to which you no longer wish commercial emails to be sent.