[syslog-ng]pipes and tags

Bedo Sandor syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:22:05 +0100

  Hi,

Syslog-ng sends to the program destination
"<num>blah-blah" formatted lines, where num is a
decimal-coded value of the priority and facility.  I
have a little application that strongly uses this
number.  There's a master syslog-ng in my system, and
there is a chroot-ed syslog-ng with this little
application.  The two syslog-ngs communicates each
other using named pipes found in the chroot-ed
environment, but the decimal value does not come across
the pipes, and I can only put a hexadecimal value with
template("<$PRI>$MSG\n") back.

Why doesn't use pipe() the same template like file()?

Is it able to send this value in decimal format on the
pipe?

--
bSanyI