[syslog-ng]Please help with logging remote machines

Daniel Flick syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:53:51 -0600

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 03:06, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 02:56:49PM -0600, Daniel Flick wrote:
> > I have been beating my head against a wall getting this to work but no
> > joy.  Syslog-ng is running and logging on the local system but no remote
> > logs are being saved.  Devices in question are PIX firewalls and
> > NetCache proxies.
>
> Have you checked whether syslog-ng is actually receiving messages ?
>
> tcpdump and strace would help here.
tcpdump shows that the firewalls are contacting the machine.

I was not able to get anything of value with "strace syslog-ng"  I am
new to this tool so I may not be using it right.  This is the only error
I could find but I don't know what that means.

open("/etc/ld.so.preload", O_RDONLY)    = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)