[syslog-ng]Can some servers only be allowed to chained?

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:05:02 -0700

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:16:52PM +1200, Jason Haar wrote:
> Nate Campi wrote:
> >Basically, I ended up having to choose between running a second
> >syslog-ng on the central host with different hostname options or using a
> >second host on the same subnet. Basically, until you can do per-source
> >hostname options you're out of luck.
>
> Yeah. I already thought of running two instances - but then I'd have to
> have two sets of destinations too wouldn't I? I doubt two instances of
> syslog-ng could write to /var/log/messages simultaneously...

No silly, the second one is simply a relay that does the hostname
replacement and sends on to the second one that trusts hostnames. The
first does no writing to any files.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net