[syslog-ng]Can some servers only be allowed to chained?

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 20 May 2003 07:37:56 -0700

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:33:54PM +1200, Jason Haar wrote:

> So my question is: can it "trust" the hostname provided by TCP-based
> syslog servers, and do a PTR lookup on the ones provided via UDP. From
> what I can see in syslog-ng - it can't.

I do the exact same thing as you, and now I understand your setup.

Basically, I ended up having to choose between running a second
syslog-ng on the central host with different hostname options or using a
second host on the same subnet. Basically, until you can do per-source
hostname options you're out of luck.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net