[syslog-ng]remote logging from syslog to syslog-ng

Joxn syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:56:37 -0700

Hi everybody,
I am new to this list and don't use syslog-ng yet, but it all sounds
very promising - and I will switch immediately if syslog-ng can do the
following:

We have a couple (50 - 100) clients that use syslog. Some (but not all)
could be switched to use syslog-ng (on OpenBSD 3.3).
We want to set up a central logging server running syslog-ng. Here we
want to create directories based on the remote-client's MAC address and
also add the information to a Postgres database.

I already saw that it is possible to log to the DB. However, most
important is that the syslog-clients could report to the syslog-ng
server. How would I do that, if possible?

Thank you very much in advance,
Joxn