[syslog-ng]$MSG into different variables?

McNutt, Justin M. syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:51:17 -0600

> > Is this possible to do in syslog-ng? Or is there any other method of
> > getting the values from the $MSG variable?
> >=20
> > I could of course read it from the pipe with some awk or=20
> perl script and
> > build the sql-syntax from there. But since I will have quite a few
> > different table formats it would then need a perl=20
> interpreter running for
> > each table. Not very pretty IMO.
>=20
> something similar is available in 1.9.x but that is still not=20
> ready for
> production environments.
>=20
> the syntax is to use $1 .. $9 in place of $MSG[13]

Excellent!  We will be waiting anxiously for this.

In fact...  If you want a server or two to test, I think I could swing =
that.  I have at least one machine here that runs named (hence gets a =
fair number of log messages) that is just a test box if you want to try =
it out.  RedHat 7.3 (fully patched).

--J