[syslog-ng]OpenBSD

T. syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:59:33 -0500 (EST)

  I have enjoyed syslog-ng on Solaris for several years so I'm now suffering from a bit of withdrawal having built my fresh, new OpenBSD 3.3 system.  I am able to get libol and syslog-ng built just fine.  However, I'm noticing that BSD's syslogd creates /dev/log upon initiation and tears it down during shutdown.  I saw the patch for casting (void *) NULL in af_program.c in the ports tree but, besides that, I can't seem to find any other patches that would cause syslog-ng to behave similarly.  Does anyone have recommendations for the proper set of source() statements to use on OpenBSD?

  Much thanks in advance.

  T.E.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com