[syslog-ng]2 questions: confusion + compile problem

Blaise St-Laurent syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:40:53 -0500

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 09:01  PM, Brian C. Hill wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	Let me try this again. :)
>
> 	Is the stable release 1.6 or 1.9? I see a 1.9.1 and 1.6.0rc1.
> The older one seems to be a release candidate and the newer one seems
> to be full release. Am I missing something?
1.6rc1 is the latest stable release of the 1.6 code path. 1.4.* is the
latest "STABLE" release (but is quite outdated) and 1.9.1 is he latest
dev release going towards 2.0

The short answer is use 1.6rc1 unless you REALLY need something in the
2.0 stream, which you probably wont.

> 	Also, is olib needed for 1.9.1? The configure script didn't
> complain when it couldn't find it, but I did get a make error that
> getopt.h couldn't be found. I tried building against glib 2.2.1, which
> built and installed successfully.

Unsure, as i've never run 1.9.1. 1.6 is fantastically stable for me,
and you'll find that about 90% of the people on this list are running
it.