[syslog-ng]Syslog-NG on Mac OSX?

Blaise St-Laurent syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:46:30 -0500

So i picked up a powerbook recently, and i was looking around in the=20
init files, and noticed it's using the syslogd from the BSD system=20
(which of course, is what i expected). I've been thinking of moving it=20=

over to syslog-ng but i noticed something quite strange... syslogd's=20
startup script first deletes the /dev/log entry, and then starts up the=20=

daemon, which to me means that the syslogd daemon creates the dev entry=20=

itself. Am I correct in assuming this?

If i want to install syslog-ng onto my mac, how do i emulate this=20
functionality? has anyone done this yet?

Blaise St-Laurent
Senior Security Architect
613-266-4258

Okiok Data  http://www.okiok.com   (450) 681-1681
Solutions de s=E9curit=E9 d'entreprise et d'affaires =E9lectroniques
Enterprise and e-business security solutions

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the=20=

use
information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt=20
from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified=20
that any
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please=20
notify
the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le pr=E9sent message =E9lectronique (y compris les pi=E8ces qui y sont=20=

annex=E9es,
le cas =E9ch=E9ant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqu=E9 et peut contenir =
des
renseignements de caract=E8re priv=E9 ou confidentiel. Si vous n'=EAtes =
pas le
destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement
interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce=20
message
vous a =E9t=E9 transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'exp=E9diteur =
et le
supprimer imm=E9diatement.