[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.4.17 on Solaris 8

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:26:17 -0800

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:54:15PM -0500, enelson@FLEETCC.COM wrote:

> 	I am having a problem with syslog-ng 1.4.17 on solaris 8. When I
> start syslog-ng I get parse errors at my firs "log" statement. Here is a
> shortened syslog-ng.conf file I'm using. All destination files are created
> and owned by root. Like I said, it dies at that first log statement (or any
> log statement) with a "Parse error at line (line number), Parse error
> reading configuration file, exiting. I have checked this over and over
> again, I'm just not seeing it. Thanks in advance for any information!
>
> --------------------
> source local { sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
> internal(); };
> source network { tcp(); udp(); };

I use this on all my solaris boxes in the source statement:
"sun-stream("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));".

I honesly don't know what the problem was with "sun-streams" but for
whatever reason I don't use it. Try my (actual working) solaris config
file posted to the FAQ site. I run 1.5.x though.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net