[syslog-ng]Recording relay instance

Michael Boman syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
20 Jun 2003 18:57:35 +0800

--=-Vcm9y7rBuddLlO0QIgDF

I have some "problems" with syslog-ng. I have it deployed in several
networks, and some of these networks are sharing the same IP address
range and sometimes even the same IP address for certain hosts. This
means that I can't truly say that 192.168.51.4 is either the db server
in network A or the web server in network B.

I'd like to have a $RELAY macro so I can save the logs as

/LOGS/$RELAY/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/$FACILITY_$YEAR_$MONTH_$DAY

Where $RELAY is where the message came from (so with direct connections
it would be the same as $HOST, but with a syslog-ng in relay mode you
get the address/name of the relay host). Basically a "received from"
field.

Is this functionality planned, or does it already exist (checked out the
documentation but didn't see anything there).

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--=20
Michael Boman