[syslog-ng]Stats stop logging? - Fixed, but noticed another problem

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:27:19 -0700

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:16:10PM -0700, Glasser, Rob wrote:

> I have no idea how to clear this so it won't show it everything I
> restart syslog-ng.  Any ideas on the cause of this problem?  Some buffer
> somewhere is storing this information and I'm not sure where.

Dude Rob, if you figure this out you've attained my personal holy grail.
I spent a lot of time asking on sunmanager's, reading books at home and
bookstores, and asking everyone I know.

Here's what I do know: I read about it in a book once how there's a
kernel ring buffer used to store kernel messages, and reading from the
syslog door will re-read this buffer. I remembered reading a way to turn
that off, but I never found that book again.

I've had swatch alarms triggered many times because of this replay
issue. Please let me know if you solve it.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net