[syslog-ng]Log monitoring

Nicholas Bernstein syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
09 Jun 2003 10:56:57 -0700

We have a similar circumstance, where we basically have our logs
filtered, and the events that we want put into a separate log file. Then
we grep the log based on time stamp & count the number of lines. The
counter runs from cron every minute, and sends out an email if the
number is higher than the threshold.

Hope that helps!
Nick