[syslog-ng]Reciving data from non RFC compliant devices

Michael Boman syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
08 Jun 2003 22:25:21 +0800

--=-PXV0b3icF1E7ir1Tr+iJ

I just got another syslog-generating machine to monitor, and it seems it
doesn't follow the syslog RFC as it sends out messages with ^I (tabs).

I was thinking about hacking syslog-ng in such way it will enforce RFC
compliance of the "message" part for the data. Basically I am thinking
about replacing char <=3D 31 and char >=3D 127 with a space.

Question:
 - Any reason why _not_ to do this?
 - Which function is the best place to hack the code in?

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--=20
Michael Boman