[syslog-ng]How do I adjust logging for "foreign" facilites?

Wayne Sweatt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:03:45 -0600

I am running syslog-ng-1.6.0rc2+20030423 on Solaris 8.
I see a problem with the udp logging of facilities from non-Solaris
clients.
For example, syslog-ng is storing the authpriv facility from Linux
clients as "a" as the $FACILITY value, and cron as "9".
It also sets the value of "a" for MacOS X client's netinfo facility.
I can understand strange values for the "non_Solaris" facilites -
authpriv and netinfo, but . the cron value is set correctly from Solaris
clients while not for Linux clients. I thought these numeric Facility
codes were "standard' between OSes.
Any explanations?

Is there a suggested way to convert these values at runtime using
filters(?), or maybe there an easy way to re-compile this functionality
in for Solaris?
The logs are arriving and being stored just fine, it's just the
$FACILITY value that I would like to translate back to it's native
"name" for clean parsing reasons.

Thanks,

 Wayne Sweatt