[syslog-ng]syslog-ng under Solaris 5.6

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:42:57 -0700

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:10:54AM -0700, Ryan Moon wrote:
> I've seen this problem before. The messages are coming from the Solaris
> kernel ring buffer via /dev/log, if you run dmesg you'll see the same
> messages. I could not find a way to clear the kernel buffer.

This is correct, though dmesg on solaris doesn't read the buffer, it's a
shell script that tails the messages file. It's just coincidence that
kernel messages go to that file. If you turn off kernel messages going
to /var/adm/messages, dmesg won't even show kernel messages anymore.

Just FYI.
--
Nate

I have a spelling checker