[syslog-ng]Running two syslog-ng on Solaris 8 ?

Georg Oppenberg syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:48:47 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to run two syslog-ng on a Solaris 8 box: One is a
replacement of the original syslogd, the other one is running in a
chrooted environment and configured to log to into file inside the
chroot jail. Inside the chroot jail I have made a /dev/log with 'mknod
/dev/log -c 21 5'. I'm using the streams server with doors. The
corresponding statement in syslog-ng.conf is:
source local { sun-streams ("/dev/log" door("/var/run/syslog_door"));
internal(); };
/etc/.syslog_door is soft-linked to /var/run/syslog_door.
I would like to separate the logs of the chroot environment from the
logs of the server. This is not working, though. Log entries generated
either on the machine or in the chroot environment are logged in two
files. I think this is caused by the log driver, which is responsible
for passing messages between applications and syslog daemons.
Do I try the impossible or does anybody have configured a similar setup
sucessfully?

Please respond also directly to me, as I'm not subscribed to the list,
yet.

Cheers
	Georg