[syslog-ng]syslog-ng under Solaris 5.6

Martynas Buozis syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:41:10 +0200

Hello

I have syslog-ng 1.6.0rc3 compiled with gcc 2.95.2. Every time I stop/start
syslog-ng or send HUP to daemon I get logged by syslog-ng (but not with
native for OS syslogd) same old messages (kernel  facility) that comes since
last system boot. Same messages I see when issue dmesg command. This is an
example for first lines that comes out in logged messaged file :

Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev cpu0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (upaid 0 impl 0x11 ver
0x20 clock 296 MHz)
Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev cpu1: SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (upaid 1 impl 0x11 ver
0x20 clock 296 MHz)
Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic_105181-33
[UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]
Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev Copyright (c) 1983-1997, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev mem = 1048576K (0x40000000)
Jul 24 19:18:45 local@dev avail mem = 1039056896

This behavious is same on all Solaris 5.6 machines, while no problems with
Solaris 7 and 8 (same binary). Does anyone know how to get rid of these
messages after HUP ?

Thank you for any tips according this matter.

With best regards
Martynas