[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng in a windowed shell

nate syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Is it posssible to have syslog-ng to output log data to a windowed shell
> rather than a main terminal. I'm currently running Debian v3 with KDE, &
> can get it to output ok to fullscreen terminal screens e.g. tty8 and
> root, but not windowed in the KDE environment.
>
> If so what should the config line be for this.

how bout

destination xconsole { pipe("/dev/xconsole"); };
log { source(src); filter(whatever); destination(xconsole); };

course you need to be running xconsole for this to work. I don't use
xconsole so I disable this in my syslog-ng.conf

(the above taken from debian's default config

nate