[syslog-ng]Year off the first of the month

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:41:44 -0500 (CDT)

I checked the time, they are off by a few seconds and it looks like only a few seconds are getting logged incorrectly.  But why is it logging to the previous year? I am logging to a central server, currently about 20 servers are pointed to it.  Here is what I have as my options.

options {
        keep_hostname(no);
        long_hostnames(off);
        sync(1);
        log_fifo_size(1024);
        create_dirs(yes);
        use_dns(no);
};

source src_local {
        unix-stream("/dev/log");
        internal();
};

source src_network {
        udp();
};

and one of my Destinations:

destination messages.network { file("/opt/log/hosts/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/messages"
                                owner(root) group(root) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700) create_dirs(yes) ); };

filter f_messages { not facility(authpriv, mail, cron, local2, local4) and level(info, notice, warn, crit, err, alert, emerg,); };

log { source(src_local); filter(f_messages); destination(messages.local); };

Thanks,

For the help.

--Keith