[syslog-ng]List of Valid Source Addresess

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:13:55 -0400

Greetings,

 I would like to be able to validate that incoming syslog messages from the
network are from "Well known"  sources.  Is there a way for syslog-ng to
parse the source address against a flat file of IP addresses or patterns?
I hesitate to use a match string in the syslog-ng.conf file as the filter
would be very large.

 I am using 1.6.0rc3.

 Thanks in advance for any tips.

 Dan Sferas