[syslog-ng]Question about syslog-ng conf file syntax...

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:15:59 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:52:46PM -0600, Ryan Dooley wrote:

> I have a question about syslog-ng conf file... I have a destination
> filter that looks like this:
>
> destination d_somefile {
> 	file("/path/to/file");
> };
>
> That "syslog-ng -s" says there is a syntax error... Any ideas?

That line is fine, I even pasted it into my config file and it loads
without error.

You may be missing a quote earlier and this line closes it, making for a
messed up config. Put the whole config on a web page and post the URL
here.
--
Nate Campi   http://www.campin.net

"Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
                                              -- Asimov, "Foundation"