[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.25 released

Roberto Nibali ratz@tac.ch
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:12:53 +0100

>>Would you care to explain to me this fix, please? As I read it, it only
>>kicks in in case write(2) returns with a 0. But this 0 doesn't mean 0 bytes
>>have been written, but something else. I'm a bit confused. Keep in mind
>>that I haven't read your code all too well yet ;).
>
> check fd_write in libol/src/io.c, which handles EINTR and EAGAIN and returns 0
> instead of -1 for those reasons.

I see, thanks for the pointer (I'm surprised EWOULDBLOCK is portable enough).

Additional question: Have you or anyone else done any tests with O_SYNC or
mounting the log partition with noatime? I'm asking because I'm trying to
isolate a performance issue on a central loghost.

> thanks for the report.

I should also like to ask you about the status of the template() patch [1] done
by one of my team mates. He's not working on this project anymore and I've taken
over. If I get around to fix your concerns mentioned in [2], would you still
consider it for inclusion into 1.6.0?

[1] https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2002-September/003839.html
[2] https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2002-October/004047.html

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc