[syslog-ng]doesn't write to file after logrotate

Markus Schabel markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:11:00 +0100

Hello!

I've configured some destinations (e.g. /var/log/syslog,
/var/log/cron.log, /var/log/dhcp.log) - all the same.
Then I've configured logrotate to rotate all these logs
and automatically create a new one after rotating.

The syslog-ng and logrotate-configurations for these files
are exactly the same (just the filters are different), and
it works fine for all except /var/log/dhcp.log. After it is
rotated, syslog-ng doesn't write to it anymore, for the other
log's it does.

If I restart syslog-ng, it starts logging to /var/log/dhcp.log
again.

Always restarting syslog-ng after rotating dhcp.log isn't really
a solution, are there any hints what I can do to solve this problem?

regards
Markus Schabel
| TGM - Die Schule der Technik,   IT-Service |
|        A-1200 Wien, Wexstrasse 19-23       |
| Tel.: +43(1)33126/316 Fax: +43(1)33126/154 |
| eMail: markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at            |
|        markus.schabel@member.fsf.org       |
| FSF Associate Member #597                  |
| Linux User #259595 (http://counter.li.org) |

Computers are like airconditioners:
   They stop working properly if you open windows.