[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.5.25 released

Blaise St-Laurent bstlaurent@okiok.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:41:27 -0500

strangely enough, i can't get this version to work for me at all. 1.5.24
worked fine. I've compiled both the new syslog-ng and libol, installed (via
RPM) as a drop in replacement for 1.5.24, and as a result i don't get any
log output. reverting back to 1.5.24 restores functionality.

Built and running on a Redhat 8.0 system. Any ideas?

BTW would anyone object to me packaging the contrib initscript and default
config into the spec file? that way anyone building the RPM would have an
out of the box functioning system.

This requires two additional changes:
the spec file would create /etc/syslog-ng and put the conf file in there.
the spec file would copy a syslog-ng file into /etc/sysconfig whose contents
are
SYSLOGNG_OPTIONS="-f /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf"