[syslog-ng]Re: Lost CR-LF ?

Hypo hypo@rtfm.it
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:53:50 +0100

I'm using syslog-ng v1.5.24 with libol 0.2.23

To generate log messages from a remote machine I use Kiwi SyslogGen v2.0.2
 http://www.kiwisyslog.com/software_downloads.htm )

When used in burst mode ( 100 msg/sec ), in UDP I just lost some messages,
but in TCP starts omitting CR-LF ( while in continuos mode it works well ).
I don't know if is a KIWI problem while generatig lot of messages, or a
syslog-ng one.

Another little thing I like to ask, is why not all facility ( as RFC ) are
defined, and why there's no mapping with numeric values...there's any reason
for that choice ?

Thx for support

Amodiovalerio [Hypo] Verde

> which version of syslog-ng are you using?
>
> --
 Bazsi