[syslog-ng]New user of syslog-ng

Zulazman Zakaria zz_azman@tm.net.my
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:16:53 +0800

Hi Bazsi
I'm Zulazman Zakaria from Telekom Malaysia. I'm working on additional syslog
daemon You have shown us the replacement of default syslog daemon which is
called syslog-ng. I have succesfully installed the syslog-ng Solaris 7
server, but I have some question to ask. I'm a new person which using
syslog-ng.
1) Can we use current syslog daemon simultaneously with syslog-ng? I mean
the current syslog daemon still can log up to 8 machines  and syslog-ng
shall log up the other 5 machines?
2) If no, do we have to log all the syslog including default syslog using
syslog-ng?
3) How to write the script (syslog-ng) in order to get the all the machine's
logs?
4) How can we specify the all machines in syslog-ng script? I mean on which
column we shall specify the machines whether using the facility or IP
address because we have aound 14 machines. For your information, the
machines we are using is a Broadband Access Server.

Please provide us some guideline.

Thank you,

Zulazman Zakaria
Asst. Manager