[syslog-ng]postfix logs mangled

Ken Blinco ken_blinco@bridgepoint.com.au
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:05:53 +1000

--TNS_MIME_v1_0_27022453jfPLS1xI0I

Hi,

product: syslog-ng-1.5.24
platform:  linux 2.4.18 (redhat dist)

I'm having a problem with postfix logs sent across the network through to syslog-ng which in turn pipes output through to a mysql server using the following directive:
destination d_mysql
        pipe("/tmp/mysql.pipe"
template("INSERT INTO syslogs (host, facilit  etc etc...

The output from postfix has the 'to' and 'from' address dropped:
[snip]
postfix/smtp[30704]: 157A6703B8: to=, relay=mail.domain.com....
[end snip]

It should look like this:
[snip]
postfix/smtp[30704]: 157A6703B8: to=<user@domain.com>, relay=mail.domain.com....
[end snip]

I'm guessing it's something to do with the '<' & '>' characters.

I'll have to go through the source to see where it's going wrong, but was hoping that someone else out there had any similar sorts of problems and advice on how to fix.

Thanks

Ken

 Ken Blinco
 Bridge Point Communications		Tel: +61 7 3839 0999
 497 Adelaide Street		        Mobile: 0407 275 766
 Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia           Fax: +61 7 3839 0888

This email and any attachments are subject to copyright.  They may also
contain confidential information.  This email and any attachments may not be
distributed, reproduced, copied, stored or transmitted in any form or by any
means, without the prior written consent of Bridge Point Communications Pty
Ltd ABN 29 083 424 668.
Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance with
the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects
and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. Bridge Point
Communications Pty Ltd gives no warranties in relation to these matters. If
you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by
us, please contact Bridge Point Communications Pty Ltd immediately.