[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.6.0rc1 available
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:12:59 +0100
Let me use this opportunity to also announce our new website and the new
features it provides.
* Until now both the English and Hungarian contents were available on both
www.balabit.com and www.balabit.hu, this has now changed. English content
is only available on www.balabit.com, Hungarian is only available at
* Daily snapshots are now available in the src-snapshot directory of a given
major version. These snapshots are generated from my internal CVS tree, thus
patches sent to the mailing list are usually integrated. Snapshots have
a version number like 1.6.0rc1+20030220 where '+' separates the current
actual version number and the date the snapshot was generated.
Snapshots are not tested in any way, so it is possible that they do not
compile, however new patches are integrated there first.
* Security advisories are put into a single location so both Zorp and
syslog-ng related advisories can be found at the same location.
And now the more important thing:
I have released syslog-ng 1.6.0rc1 which is available at
or in Hungarian:
with the following changes:
News for the 1.6.0rc1 release
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:19:52 +0100
* Reconnect if a problem occurs during connection establishment
(earlier only ECONNREFUSED was handled)
* Fixed the file source to close the file descriptor prior to
opening it again during HUP, fixes kernel log reading on BSD
* applied a patch by Achim Gsell to add template() functions to all
PGP info: KeyID 9AF8D0A9 Fingerprint CD27 CFB0 802C 0944 9CFD 804E C82C 8EB1