Re[2]: [syslog-ng]Increase accepting AF_UNIX connection value

Serge Leschinsky fish@artlife.tomsknet.ru
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:25:41 +0600

Dear Balazs.

 On Tuesday, the 4th of February, 2003, at 09:49 GMT +01
  (14:49, the same day my local time),
 you wrote about "[syslog-ng]Increase accepting AF_UNIX connection value",
 at least in part:

>> So, I want to ask the community about typical value of this parameter,
>> the reason of lack of socket and where I can increase this value (100)
>> for resolving this problem.

BS> source s_local { unix-stream("/dev/log" max_connections(1000)); };

BS> The number of required connections greatly depend on your local
BS> configuration. Basically each logging process need one connection to
BS> /dev/log, though fd inheritance may decrease this number. (parent process
BS> opens connection, child inherits and uses the fd)
 Thank you very much for your so quick and kind reply! I've increased
max_connections and all seems working fine.

Thank you once again!

--
Yours sincerely
        Serge Leschinsky        mailto:fish@artlife.tomsknet.ru