[syslog-ng]Some Boxes Refuse to Write to syslog-ng host

Paul Thomas pwthoma@anc.net
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:22:12 -0600

I've got about 15 solaris 8 boxes and 5 slackware linux boxes.  For some
reason 4 of the solaris and 2 of the linux boxes will not write to the
syslog-ng loghost.

All the remotes are exactly the same setup and port 514/udp isn't blocked
between any of the remotes and the loghost.

Here is the syslog.conf for the host machines

*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   @loghost.domain.com
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        @loghost.domain.com
*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator
*.alert                                         root
*.emerg                                         *, @loghost.domain.com

If anyone has any idea why these logs are being transferred to the loghost
I'm open for ideas.  I'm running syslog-ng 1.5.26

Thanks
Paul