[syslog-ng]Newbie question

Asif Iqbal syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:00:29 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:25:48 +0100
> From: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu>
> To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
> Subject: Re: [syslog-ng]Newbie question
>
> On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 01:22, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > Whats the difference between these two lines
> >
> > source local { sun-streams ("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door")); internal();
> > };
> >
> > source local { sun-streams("/dev/log"); udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514)); internal();
> > };
> >

> > Which one should I use for my Solaris SPARC 8 ?
>
> the first one, though the path to the syslog door might be different as
> it was changed to something like /var/run/syslog-door IIRC.

I am using the second one and it is logging fine in the files as well as in my
database. Should I still change it to the first entry instead ?

Also I have a group whose application is depending on syslogd. Can I run both
syslogd and syslog-ng+mysql same time ?

Thanks a lot for this awesome tool

--
Asif Iqbal