[syslog-ng]directory creation problem

Jason Haar syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:21:42 +1300

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 03:23, Sylvain Hubert wrote:
> For some reason, the directories created is not always the $HOST, i.e,
> not an ip or a valid hostname (I am using the check_hostname option)
> but some left over of some syslog or nt-syslog messages. Here is an
> example of the content of the /var/syslog-ng/ directory:

It's nt-syslog at fault there. Sometimes it bungs out syslog records
with the application name in where the hostname should be.

I found the latest release from ntsyslog.sf.net didn't suffer as much
from this problem (I only just upgraded myself last week - so cannot be
more definitive than that)

Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417