[syslog-ng]logging to file and remote host

Harry Hoffman syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:15:54 -0400

Hi Atif,

Not sure on HP-UX but I can confirm that this works on Solaris and Linux.
I do something like:
mail.* /var/log/maillog
*.warn @loghost

HTH,
Harry

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

*> hi all,
*>
*> I am not yet a syslog-ng user. I would like to know if it is possible to
*> do what I want with standard syslogd and if not then with syslog-ng
*>
*> On HP-UX 11.00
*>
*> I want to log messages to a file and to remote host.
*> Is that possible with  syslogd?
*>
*> I tried something like
*> mail.* /var/adm/syslog/mail.log
*>
*> and it works
*>
*> I tried
*>
*> mail.* @LOGHOST
*>
*> and it works
*>
*> If I put both lines then only one is used.
*>
*> How can I log to a file and also to LOGHOST?
*>
*> If it is not possible with syslog and is possible with syslog-ng, then
*> please let me know so I can continue the reading of the manuals.
*>
*> best regards and thanks
*>
*> Atif Ghaffar
*>
*>
*> _______________________________________________
*> syslog-ng maillist  -  syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
*> Frequently asked questions at http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html
*>
*>

--
Harry Hoffman
hhoffman@ip-solutions.net

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
*This universe shipped by weight, not volume.*
*Some expansion may have occured in shipping.*

This mail sent through IpSolutions: http://www.ip-solutions.net/