[syslog-ng]Power fail restart

Erik Ivanenko syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:16:16 -0400

--------------8FF3BBC64BD0BD67404130F4

I am running version 1.5.13. All but 2 of 60 remote devices FAILED to
reconnect when the power returned in Ontario. The cental logging host
did not go off-line, as it was on emergency power.

I use the standard /etc/init.d/syslog-ng start scripts for the remote
devices.  They are all Linux machines. After issuing HUP to the central
host, 9 of 60 connections are working.

Running "snoop" shows that the remote daemons have stopped trying to
connect. I thought that syslog-ng was supposed to reconnect after such
events?

Can anyone tell me what I can do to make these remote devices reconnect?
Must I manually restart syslog-ng on each remote client?

Thanks in advance...
--------------8FF3BBC64BD0BD67404130F4

begin:vcard
n:Ivanenko;Erik