[syslog-ng]IETF Syslog Draft

Richard E. Perlotto II syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:36:13 -0700

Yes, and it is being set as a standard in parallel with the other =
standards.  It
would be nice to see some of these features in syslog-ng.  There is =
also:

draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib-04.txt
draft-ietf-syslog-reliable-12.txt
draft-ietf-syslog-syslog-12.txt

I am part of the syslog IETF side committee and can help influence these =
documents
if anyone has any comments.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu =
[mailto:syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Clemson, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 3:32 AM
To: 'syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu'
Subject: RE: [syslog-ng]IETF Syslog Draft

Interesting.

There's also =
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-11.txt for =
security stuff. I know it's dated May but did
anyone see it?

> For those interested in where the standard is going:
>=20
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-internat
> ional-00.txt
>=20
> If you are interested in features and option, now is the time to speak =

> up.
>=20
>=20
> Richard

--=20
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged =
material and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above.
If you receive this in error, please notify Software AG immediately and =
delete this e-mail.

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS =