[syslog-ng]Solaris 8 configure errors with libol version & tcp_wrappers

Wayne Sweatt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:41:01 -0600

Dear Balasz,

I have upgraded to the most current relase - 1.6.0rc2, and the problems
with detecting the libol version were resolved.
Thank you.

I still have the problem of getting syslog-ng to compile with
tcp_wrappers/libwrap though.
I would like to get a response on this problem so I can move on with
further testing of syslog-ng.
Part of the draw to this product was it's ability to compile with
libwrap.

Support issues:
I am reposting my previous post, since I could not find out what the
method was for replying to posts and I did not get an email reponse - I
had to go to the archive to view the response that was posted by Balasz.
What is the mechanism for responding to posts?
Can you please help me resolve this issue? I need to know if this can be
resolved before I abandon this "open" code and move on to a more
supported product. I am also interested if we can purchase support to
increase the level of support for syslog-ng.

Here is the original post of the tcp_wrappers problem (see #2-4 below):

> I had previously installed syslog-ng .1.6.0rc1 on RH8 Linux just fine.
> Now I have to get it running on a Solaris 8/Sun Blade 100.
> Here's the OS and software configurations of note:
>
> Solaris 8, with latest recommended patch cluster.
> Tcp_Wrappers 7.6
> libol 0.3.9
>
> GNU software:
> gcc 3.2.2
> flex 2.5.4a
> bison 1.875
> autoconf 2.57
> automake 1.7.2
> make 3.80
> glib 1.2.10
>
> The problems are all related to "errors" within the configure file:
> ( I am using the command: "./configure --enable-tcp-wrapper")
  1. (Resolved libol issue)
> 2. It didn't find libwrap.h. I relocated it to /usr/local/include and
> /usr/include, and then it found it.
> 3. It returns: "checking for hosts_access in -lwrap. no"  Beats me -
> it's in there just like it's been for years - by default.
>     Wrappers are working just fine for everything else. I also
compiled
> wrappers with "STYLE = -DPROCESS_OPTIONS"
> 4. It returns "checking whether to enable TCP wrapper support. no"
>
> Subsequently, I do not compile with lwrap.

 UNIX System Administrator
 Comforce Technical Services
 LANL SCC Team