[syslog-ng]Losing 25% of messages using UDP

Bill Graham syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:57:24 -0700

I have syslog-ng-1.6.0rc1 compiled on Solaris 9 and I am intend to use
the system as a central log server and I need to log every message that
makes it to the system.  I am testing it out with Kiwi Syslog Message
generator with bursts of 100 messages every 10 seconds.  Syslog-ng is
only logging about 20-25% of the messages.  I have verified that the
messages are getting to the system.  Is there some additional tuning
that I have to do to get this to work.  Here is a copy of  my syslog-ng:
options { use_fqdn(yes);
          keep_hostname(yes);
          use_dns(no);
          long_hostnames(off);
          sync(0);
          gc_idle_threshold(5000);
          gc_busy_threshold(1000);
          log_fifo_size(10240); };

source local { sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
internal(); };
source network { udp();};

destination all { file("/var/log/messages"); };
log { source(local); destination(all); };
log { source(network); destination(all); };

Thanks,
Bill