[syslog-ng]syslog-ng on Mac OSX

Dan Siff syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:40:39 -0400

Is anyone successfully running syslog-ng on OSX/Darwin?

I've seen posts concerning compilation and interfacing with libol, but
nothing concerning configuring running/operating syslog-ng on OSX.  I've
gotten syslog-ng to compile (v 1.6.0rc1) with libol v. 0.3.9, but whenever
I try and start the process, it is crashing with :

Command:  syslog-ng
PID:            24210

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xbff7ff30

I'm trying to run this on OSX/Darwin 10.2.5.  If anyone has experience with
this, I'd also want to know what your syslog-ng.conf file looks like, since
I can't find any references to replacing OSX's syslogd configs with syslog-ng.

Thanks!