[syslog-ng]segfault signal 11, core dump, 1.5.26, 1.6.0rc1

narancs syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:37:13 +0200

Hi all folks!

I have a debian woody with kernel 2.4.20 on i386.
it is a network log collector server with several udp and tcp sources.
also some sources come from behind firewalls.

it was working for weeks w/o problems with the 1.5.26-1.deb downloaded
directly from balabit site.
before that it was working for months with the 1.5.1x woody default pkg.
which doesn't really work well with tcp connections.
(that's why the upgrade happened)

since some days the daemon segfaults each 2-5 minutes and dumps core.
I have compiled on a woody machine the 1.6.0rc1 but that acts the same.

I've tried with different config modifications, but it acts the same.

Now after debugging it for days/hours I am really angry not finding the
root of the problem.

Also memtest86 found the memory clean and all other services on the
machine are working fine.

How should I fix this situation and get this working again?
we have critical bussiness apps related to this service.

thanks