[syslog-ng]Catch All Statement

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:50:42 -0700

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:36:39PM -0700, Doug Peterson wrote:

> Tried that already. It complained it couldn't parse
> it. I did not have a DEFAULT filter setup. Should I
> have? If so, what should it look like?

It's supposed to be magic from the looks of it, you don't need to define
it. I have to admit I've never used it and relied on Bazsi's post about
it for the entry in the FAQ.

> <URL:http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#catchall>
>
> Read that. In fact, I think I've read everything on
> your site :)

<bow>

> I've read just about that entire DOC. However, I would
> really rather use flags(fallback) if possible. It
> sounds like thats perfect for what I'm trying to do.
> Am I way off base?

Fallback looks perfect, it would be the same as a catchall at the end,
with no final flags in all the logs statements before it.

I don't see where you specified your syslog-ng version. If you run a
version I have in production somewhere I'll test out your config file.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net