[syslog-ng]logrotate question (not working with syslog-ng)...

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:10:29 -0700

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:40:34PM -0700, seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:

> Thanks.  From your info it sounds like it would make more
> sense to just replace /etc/logrotate.d/syslog with
> a modified version *or* /etc/logrotate.d/syslog-ng if that
> would work.

I use cfengine to modify log rotation scripts and keep them modified
correctly, /etc/logrotate.d/syslog on redhat, /usr/lib/newsyslog on
solaris <= 8 (forget offhand the config for the cool new rotation tool
on sol9, but I do that one too), and on debian I just 'apt-get install
syslog-ng' once at install time ;)

Make sure that whatever you use to modify your log rotation scripts
*keeps* them updated over time despite updates/upgrades/patches.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net