[syslog-ng]Catch All Statement

Doug Peterson syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy -- I am a syslog-ng newbie, and am setting it up
for the first time. I would like to have logs for all
my machines end up in the same files they have always
ended up in (messages, cron, maillog, etc), so I have
setup rules, that so far seem to be handling this
quite well :)

However, I want to make sure that there aren't any
unlogged requests coming through, so I tried setting
up a catchall statement. However when I log something
to local5.debug using logger (which there is no filter
for), it doesn't end up in my "other" logfile. it just
disappears as far as I can tell.

I tried pasting the whole config file inline, however
yahoo's editor screws up the formatting. SO, I've
posted the config file at
http://www.muck.net/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-conf.txt and I
will paste the relevent lines below (note I do not
have a filter statement for catchall, should I? I
wouldn't know how to do that).

destination other { file("/var/log/other" owner(root)
group(root) perm(0600) ); };

log { source(src_local); source(src_network);
destination(other); flags(fallback); };

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)