[syslog-ng]Filters not working (as expected)

Harry Hoffman syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:29:36 +1200

Hi All,

We've got a linux client running syslog-ng 1.6 sending to a linux server running
syslog-ng 1.5.17

For the client I have taken the example redhat conf file and added the following
to it:
destination loghost { tcp("myloghost.fq.dn" port(514)); };
filter f_filter9     { level(notice); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter9); destination(loghost); };

If I use logger to test I see the message come thru:
logger -p kern.notice -t WARNING "This is a KERNEL test warning"

However, if I do:
logger -p kern.emerg -t WARNING "This is a KERNEL test warning"

Nothing comes thru. Do I need to specify multiple prioity levels? I want
anything of notice or higher to be sent to the syslog server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Harry

--