[syslog-ng]long IP entry in Sun syslog

Brian C. Hill syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:33:38 -0700

	I am still having the problem where remote messages to
syslog-ng 1.6.0rc1 are labeled with the receiving host's name instead
of the IP/hostname of the sending host. I have keep_hostname set to yes
and use_dns set to no. I turned on Sun's syslogd to compare some things
and noticed that entries that Sun's syslog cannot resolve are labeled
with the IP address (10.10.5.13) and 2 additional 'octets' in brackets
like this:

Apr  9 14:28:34 [10.10.5.13.224.124] venue1258  PPTP-1 down: Remote clearing

	Is this related to the problem I am seeing with 1.6.0rc1? Is
the sun streams device sending it an address it can't interpret? I
figure one of those octets is the source port, but I don't know what
the last one is...

Brian